Skincare should be a daily ritual for all. We all layers thick cream in the winter season. We tend to forget about our skin in the summer because of all the sweat and heat. Having a proper skincare routine in the summer is equally important for healthy and glowing skin.
Here, I will recommend 5 skincare products best used for the summer. All of the products mentioned will be in the affordable to mid-range category. Nothing will be a whopping amount. We want a good skincare routine that we can follow for a long time and not break the bank.
1. Cosrx Facial cleanser: This cleanser is great for all skin types. It will clean out extra sebum without stripping the natural oils of your skin. It has BHA, which will gently clean your pores over time. abut to get that effect you have to massage it in for 60 sec properly before rinsing it off.
2. Vilvah Aloe Vera Gel: This is a very good quality aloe Vera gel. Aloe Vera gel is perfect for soothing any sunburned skin. If you have spent a lot of time in the sun, you can just apply an even layer of aloe Vera on your face to calm any inflammation.
Ways to use aloe vera gel: 1) Apply an even layer of cold aloe Vera gel, leave it on for about 10 to 15 mins, and then rinse off. 2) Use it as a gel moisturizer if your skin is extremely oily.
3. Dr. Sheth’s Cica and Ceramide Face Serum: I feel like this serum is a must for the summertime because it helps to calm down inflamed skin and repair the damaged skin barrier. Over-sun exposure is the reason for sunburn and a lot of redness on the skin, Cica helps to tame that to a lot of extent. This serum has a lot of good ingredients like shea butter esters, olive squalene, niacinamide, Centella Asiatica extract, ceramide-3, Allantoin, and marula oil to name a few. All of these help to strengthen the skin barrier.
4. Deconstruct Pigmentation Control Serum: Summer and tan go hand in hand. If you want to get rid of tanning then this serum will be perfect for you. It has 2% glycolic acid serum which will exfoliate the upper skin ( which has darkened due to the sun exposure). And the 3% tranexamic lightens the skin.
But remember, our goal should be to have even toned natural skin tone and not expect these serums and creams to make us fair.
5. Aqualogica Glow + Dewy sunscreen: This is a very good lightweight sunscreen for all skin types. It blends like a dream and leaves a really nice finish too. You are wasting all your money on skincare if you are not applying and reapplying sunscreen daily (even if it is cloudy).
It would be recommended that you apply sunscreen in the morning, and reapply it at noon if you are heading out of your home, then protect yourself with hats and caps during the peak hours.
Conclusion: The summer season means good vibes and taking care of our skin. This well-curated skincare routine will make sure that you are calming your inflammation and controlling your tan at the same time. Skincare shouldn’t feel like a chore but a ritual.